RADIANT ROME

Rome Private Tours - Context Travel


Welcome back to my last weekly Marvellous Mediterranean Sea Blog! 


Every week I will be showing you my family’s favourite Mediterranean port and the activities you can do during your short time visiting.  


I have kept the best till last! This week it’s my favourite – Civitavecchia Rome! 


After a trip to Rome in August 2020 for my 21st birthday with my best friend Katie I have fallen in love with Rome all over again! I can’t wait to go back on a cruise. 




The only downside of docking up in Civitavecchia is the 1-hour commute into Rome City Centre, but it is worth it. Many cruise companies will have a fee for the transfer, which is normally 20-40 euros.  Alternatively, you can go on the train for 5 euros. 

 

One of the must-sees in Rome is the Piazza Navona, one of the largest and most beautiful piazza squares in Rome. There are many shops and restaurants surrounding Piazza Navona, with a beautiful large fountain in the centre of the plaza. 


Piazza Navona. The Most Famous Baroque Masterpiece in Rome


You can’t go to Rome and not visit the Colosseum. Admission is 12 euros for adults, and this is a must-do. The colosseum is an oval amphitheatre, which was the largest amphitheatre built during the Roman Empire. The tour takes about 2-3 hours, so I would advise you to do this in the morning and then you can roam around after. Pardon the pun! 

 

My favourite Youtubers visited the Colosseum in 2017 and recorded a great tour of it! Will put the link below for you to watch. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-vRAyh0p8w



Another place for you to see is the Vatican City, which is home to the Pope and Roman Catholic Church. It is the smallest country in the world, which is encircled by a 2 mile border with Italy. The architecture in this tiny country is some of the most beautiful pieces of architecture I have ever seen. Some of it left me lost for words.. which doesn't happen very often for me! 

What happens when the Pope dies

I hope you enjoyed my last blog and learnt some new information! 

Love Kimberley x 












Comments

  1. Going here is on my holiday list! Loved all your blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing cant wait to visit it here x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad that your blogs have come to an end:( looks amazing and really learnt a lot with your blogs! 👏🏼

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GLORIOUS GIBRALTAR