TERRIFIC TENERIFE

75,586 Tenerife Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Welcome back to the weekly Marvellous Mediterranean Sea Blog!  


Every week I will be showing you my family’s favourite Mediterranean port and the activities you can do during your short time visiting.  

 

This week it’s my sister Sarah’s favourite port - Tenerife!

 

Myself and my family have visited Tenerife just about 10 times now. This is a firm favourite for our family cruises and also for beach holidays, especially around Christmas time. We even spent two Christmas Day’s there! 

 

We docked up in Tenerife on Christmas Eve one year and my dad told Sarah and I he was taking us on a fun adventure. We left mum on the ship where she was in her happy place - a sun lounger! 

 

We got on the excursion bus and got told by Dad that he was taking us to a water park. Little did we know it has become the best water park in the world according to Trip Advisor. It’s called Siam Park! 


It is the largest water park in Europe, and has one of the tallest water slides in the world. It costs 34 euros for a day pass and has something for all ages, including adrenaline slides, relaxing slides and kids slides. 


You can have a virtual tour of the water park and rides below!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgXowp3IXo


No photo description available.



Another popular tourist attraction is Mount Teide. An active volcano! It costs 10 euros for a return trip to the top of Mount Teide in a cable car and takes just 8 minutes. Or you can be brave and climb up the mountain which takes 5 hours. I know what one I would rather do haha! 


The views you get from the top are beautiful and on a clear day you can see Africa. 


Tenerife Mount Teide volcano: Eruption fears eased by scientist | World |  News | Express.co.uk


A must do before you get back on the ship is to visit the sea-food restaurants in Santa Cruz. This is where the ship docks and with just a 15 minute walk there are many bars and restaurants for you to enjoy along with tax free shops. Nothing better than a bit of retail therapy! 


I hope you all enjoyed reading my third blog! Join me next week to hear about my favourite port!


Kimberley x







Comments

  1. I love Tenerife ...been there so many times it's like a second home. Great blog Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Siam Park!!! The weeks blog making me desperate to go back to Tenerife x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GLORIOUS GIBRALTAR

RADIANT ROME